Double ruffles for double the fun!
- HOORAY FOR RUFFLES. Dual-ruffles add the perfect finish to this navy and white floral dress that are a must for twirling.
- MATCHABLE. Fun, floral-printed ruffle dress with a simple button closure at the back of the neck can be easily matched up with our Batik Bloomers or even with a light sweater on cool mornings and days.
- UNIQUELY BEAUTIFUL. Each item of clothing is made by hand using traditional techniques by our artisans in Africa. The result is small variations in color and design for a uniquely beautiful piece.
- EDUCATION AND IMPACT. Profits from your purchase of this product go towards educational training programs for artisans. This level of impact has allowed 89% of artisans to rise above the poverty line to create the perfect product for your little one!
- Wash cold, tumble dry low. Dutch wax fabric has been pre-shrunk and pre-treated with hypoallergenic detergent.
- WOMEN EMPOWERMENT. Indego Africa is all about empowering and uplifting artisan women in Africa through employment opportunities and education. Their mission is to help artisans lift themselves and their families out of poverty and become empowered businesswomen.
- IMPACT. Since partnering with Indego Africa, 89% of artisans have risen above the poverty line.
- DESIGNED IN NYC & HANDMADE IN AFRICA. Indego Africa works with 27 groups of more than 1,000 women in Rwanda and Ghana to sell products that are designed in New York City and handmade in Africa—combining traditional techniques, local materials and amazing artisanal skill. Read more.
Created by hand, demonstrating the unique skill of the artisan and supporting one-of-a-kind pieces in a world of homogenized mass production.
Made with recycled or reclaimed materials that have been extracted and reconditioned for a new use. This process minimizes the flow of waste into landfills.
Created and directed in a cooperative structure, with proceeds reinvested into the community to enable self-sustainability and economic development.