Transform your decor with this beautiful Coral Burst Plateau. Carefully crafted, it has a refreshing simplicity that perfectly complements the peaceful spaces in your home.
- HANDCRAFTED. Expertly hand-woven by African artisans using a traditional coiling technique refined and passed down through generations to create beautiful, functional, and durable pieces.
- 100% LOCALLY SOURCED MATERIALS. Crafted from vibrant fabrics and locally harvested sweetgrass.
- SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS. Created in fair trade conditions, allowing rural women and refugees to express their talents, share their culture/heritage, and advance themselves and their local economy. Since partnering with Indego Africa, 89% of artisans have risen above the poverty line.
- ONE-OF-A-KIND. Each artisan-made bowl is unique, with appealing variations in size and color that reflect its authentic, artisanal origins
Each Indego Africa product is made by hand using traditional techniques. Small variation in color & design is part of what makes each piece uniquely beautiful. Please handle with care.
- handwoven sweetgrass & sisal
- locally sourced natural fibers
- navy, coral & mint
- loop on back for wall hanging
- Dimensions (diameter x height): 12" x 12" x 3"
- spot clean
- bright colors will fade in direct sunlight
- WOMEN EMPOWERMENT. Indego Africa is all about empowering and uplifting artisan women in Africa through employment opportunities and education. Their mission is to help artisans lift themselves and their families out of poverty and become empowered businesswomen.
- IMPACT. Since partnering with Indego Africa, 89% of artisans have risen above the poverty line.
- DESIGNED IN NYC & HANDMADE IN AFRICA. Indego Africa works with 27 groups of more than 1,000 women in Rwanda and Ghana to sell products that are designed in New York City and handmade in Africa—combining traditional techniques, local materials and amazing artisanal skill. Read more.
Created by hand, demonstrating the unique skill of the artisan and supporting one-of-a-kind pieces in a world of homogenized mass production.
Made with recycled or reclaimed materials that have been extracted and reconditioned for a new use. This process minimizes the flow of waste into landfills.
Created and directed in a cooperative structure, with proceeds reinvested into the community to enable self-sustainability and economic development.