Intriguingly unconventional, the Allen Side Table reimagines traditional African designs with a slightly industrial edge. The result is a creative visual concept, structured yet impressionistic, with a minimalist appeal that looks great with almost any decor.
- VERSATILE. This side table features a removable glass top, which when removed transforms the side table into a floor basket.
- UNIQUE. Fresh, contemporary style with eye-catching design and global appeal, making it popular amongst interior designers and architects.
- ECO-FRIENDLY. Intelligently crafted using only upcycled, locally-sourced materials.
- SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS. Feeling African employs skilled artists from disadvantaged township areas of Cape Town, creating opportunities to make a fair living for themselves and their families.
Expertly handcrafted from recycled materials by artisans in Cape Town, South Africa, the brilliant design is ultra-functional, with a removable surface that turns the table’s top into a basket. Its powder-coated finish is weather-resistant, making it a punchy, vibrant accent for both indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Dimensions (diameter x height)
- 40cm x 40cm
Founded by Willard Musarurwa in 2001, Feeling African is a small studio in Cape Town, South Africa that creates innovative reclaimed wire furniture in bright, graphic colors.
Starting as a small individual enterprise, it has grown to employ a group of skilled township artisans to craft strikingly contemporary chairs, stools, and tables. Their designs are boldly creative, a nod to traditional African design elements reinvented with modern industrial materials.
Created by hand, demonstrating the unique skill of the artisan and supporting one-of-a-kind pieces in a world of homogenized mass production.
Made with recycled or reclaimed materials that have been extracted and reconditioned for a new use. This process minimizes the flow of waste into landfills.
Created and directed in a cooperative structure, with proceeds reinvested into the community to enable self-sustainability and economic development.