HANDCRAFTED. Each elephant is expertly handmade by artisans using traditional techniques refined and passed down through generations to create fun, gender neutral, and sustainable pieces.
100% LOCALLY SOURCED MATERIALS. The fabric is crafted by handwoven linen that is locally sourced.
SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS. Profits from your purchase of this product go towards educational training programs for our artisans. This level of impact has allowed 89% of our artisan partners to rise above the poverty line to create a product you can feel good about!
ONE-OF- A-KIND. Each artisan-made elephant is unique, with appealing slight variations in shape and color that reflect its authentic, artisanal origins.
- Materials: linen
- Colors: assorted liberty fabric ears
- Dimensions: 8.5" wide x 5" tall
- stuffed elephant
- Spot clean.
- Bright colors will fade in direct sunlight
- WOMEN EMPOWERMENT. Indego Africa is all about empowering and uplifting artisan women in Africa through employment opportunities and education. Their mission is to help artisans lift themselves and their families out of poverty and become empowered businesswomen.
- IMPACT. Since partnering with Indego Africa, 89% of artisans have risen above the poverty line.
- DESIGNED IN NYC & HANDMADE IN AFRICA. Indego Africa works with 27 groups of more than 1,000 women in Rwanda and Ghana to sell products that are designed in New York City and handmade in Africa—combining traditional techniques, local materials and amazing artisanal skill. Read more.
Created by hand, demonstrating the unique skill of the artisan and supporting one-of-a-kind pieces in a world of homogenized mass production.
Made with recycled or reclaimed materials that have been extracted and reconditioned for a new use. This process minimizes the flow of waste into landfills.
Created and directed in a cooperative structure, with proceeds reinvested into the community to enable self-sustainability and economic development.