When you want to turn heads, you’ll instantly reach for this Maxine bag. Powerfully vibrant, the reclaimed springbok hide accent is an absolute show-stopper guaranteed to make a statement in any setting. Featuring a removable cross-body chain, and suede interior, it’s the perfect size for carrying all your essentials when you need to travel light.
- ADVENTUROUS. Brilliantly eye-catching color combines with the distinctive look of genuine springbok leather for an unforgettably head-turning statement.
- UNIQUE. Every bag is handmade individually with premium reclaimed springbok leather and other high-quality materials to create a unique product not found anywhere.
- HANDCRAFTED. Expertly designed and handmade by talented trained artisans in a small studio at the foot of Table Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa
- SUSTAINABLE. Made of 100% high-quality reclaimed leather, responsibly and locally sourced from reputable suppliers.
- SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS. Created in a happy, productive Fair Trade environment, providing much-needed social and economic opportunities for marginalized South African producers and suppliers.
The stunning style is matched by its high-quality craftsmanship — 100% handmade from premium reclaimed springbok leather, it’s expertly constructed and carefully inspected for quality by skilled artisans in a Fair Trade studio located in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Dimensions (height x length x width)
- 23cm x 29cm x 15cm
- Handle height - 41.5cm
- Leather and Suede should be kept dry, free of waters, oils and products.
- Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or fluorescent light may alter the colour of the leather.
- Gently wipe the springbok hide with a damp cloth, if needed.
- Abrasive use may cause hair loss and damage the leather.
- Store by hanging the bag in a cool dark setting, or placing the bag in the dust bag provided.
Rarity Handbags began in Cape Town, South Africa over 15 years ago when a local farmer approached the founder, asking her to create something beautiful with culled hides that would normally be burned. Fifteen years later, Rarity has evolved into a successful Fair Trade Certified “slow fashion” business, and it still uses reclaimed indigenous leather to craft its beautiful bags.
Created by hand, demonstrating the unique skill of the artisan and supporting one-of-a-kind pieces in a world of homogenized mass production.
Made with recycled or reclaimed materials that have been extracted and reconditioned for a new use. This process minimizes the flow of waste into landfills.
Created and directed in a cooperative structure, with proceeds reinvested into the community to enable self-sustainability and economic development.