The perfect outfit for both playtime and naps!
- PLAYTIME & POCKETS. Go from playtime to naptime in 60 seconds or less. And everyone knows that playtime is better with pockets to carry your favorite little toys in!
- COMFORTABLE. Navy and white print is roomy for ultimate comfort with a back zipper for no-hassle dressing and removal.
- BEAUTIFULLY HANDMADE. Each item of clothing is made by hand using traditional techniques by our artisans in Africa. The result is small variations in color and design for a uniquely beautiful piece.
- EDUCATION AND IMPACT. Profits from your purchase of this product go towards educational training programs that focus on improving each artisan’s livelihood. This level of impact has allowed 89% of artisans to rise above the poverty line and enhance their family’s lives.
Each Indego Africa product is made by hand using traditional techniques. Small variation in color & design is part of what makes each piece uniquely beautiful.
- Wash cold, tumble dry low. 100% cotton, dutch wax fabric has been pre-shrunk and pre-treated with hypoallergenic detergent.
- WOMEN EMPOWERMENT. Indego Africa is all about empowering and uplifting artisan women in Africa through employment opportunities and education. Their mission is to help artisans lift themselves and their families out of poverty and become empowered businesswomen.
- IMPACT. Since partnering with Indego Africa, 89% of artisans have risen above the poverty line.
- DESIGNED IN NYC & HANDMADE IN AFRICA. Indego Africa works with 27 groups of more than 1,000 women in Rwanda and Ghana to sell products that are designed in New York City and handmade in Africa—combining traditional techniques, local materials and amazing artisanal skill. Read more.
Created by hand, demonstrating the unique skill of the artisan and supporting one-of-a-kind pieces in a world of homogenized mass production.
Made with recycled or reclaimed materials that have been extracted and reconditioned for a new use. This process minimizes the flow of waste into landfills.
Created and directed in a cooperative structure, with proceeds reinvested into the community to enable self-sustainability and economic development.