Snuggle into a cozy retreat with this Santa Maria Throw blanket. Featuring a simple, sensible textured pattern and rustic fringe, it’s beautifully understated, wrapping you up in a soothing shade of blue.
- HANDMADE. Skilled artisans throughout Guatemala plant, grow, and spin the cotton, hand-weaving it into soft, beautiful, naturally-colored fabric.
- AUTHENTIC. The traditional methods used in cultivating and processing the cotton aim to preserve Guatemalan culture and its rich Mayan heritage.
- SUSTAINABLE. The 100% organic fabric is loom-woven from indigenous varieties of cotton, sustainably grown on farms throughout Guatemala.
- DURABLE. Expertly crafted using spinning and weaving techniques handed down and refined through generations, yielding high quality textiles that are beautiful, authentic, and outstandingly well-made.
Woven of 100% organic cotton by skilled artisans in Guatemala, each throw is handmade every step of the way, from planting the cotton seeds all the way to loom-weaving the fabric. The unparalleled craftsmanship uses traditional techniques to preserve Guatemala’s rich heritage and create high-quality, durable textiles.
- 56 x 48 inches
- CULTURE PRESERVATION. Algodones Mayas was founded in 1995, with the dream of preserving the Guatemalan culture, its land, its natural colors, and its fabrics. Algodones Mayas further preserves this legacy by growing and weaving Green-Jade cotton fiber, which was born of the mixture of the original colors.The color cotton fiber harvested from the plant of these seeds has no natural or chemical dyes.
- SKILLED CRAFTSMEN. The fabrics are woven by skilled craftsmen from different regions of Guatemala who collaborate with Algodones Mayas to create art and maintain tradition, generation after generation. Many of these artisans are now entrepreneurs who will leave a solid foundation for generations to come.
- SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE. Algodones Mayas is a socially responsible company that supports its artisans and weavers so that hey can offer a better future for their children and future entrepreneurs. Read More
Created by hand, demonstrating the unique skill of the artisan and supporting one-of-a-kind pieces in a world of homogenized mass production.
Made with recycled or reclaimed materials that have been extracted and reconditioned for a new use. This process minimizes the flow of waste into landfills.
Created and directed in a cooperative structure, with proceeds reinvested into the community to enable self-sustainability and economic development.